What We Do
LifeChild Asia Foundation is a registered non-profit organization with the Philippines Securities and Exchange Commission. Our board of directors is comprised of individuals from various nations, the majority of which are Filipino nationals. LifeChild Asia Foundation exists to rescue and care for orphans and street children from the streets, slums, and garbage dumps of Manila and the Philippines. While our primary reason for existing is to build and oversee children’s homes, we are also actively involved in outreaches to slum areas, feeding programs, prison outreaches, and providing clothing and general hygiene products to thousands living in local garbage dumps.
Family Model Children’s Homes
For several years LifeChild Asia Foundation has been working to construct Eden House and His Place, homes to rescue orphans and street children from the streets of Manila and surrounding areas. We have been tremendously blessed to have the opportunities to help feed and clothe many children in this area. Many of you have already given and partnered with us in this endeavor. In recent years, we have been able to partner with other ministries to help feed children in local garbage dumps, assist in practical outreach to the poorest of the poor, and be messengers of the Gospel to the beautiful islands of the Philippines. Our children’s homes are located about an 90 minutes south of Manila in Silang, Cavite.
We are operating an orphanage model that more reflects a community of families than an institution. Two homes are now complete! Our community is surrounded by pineapple farms in the countryside of Silang, Cavite (about an hour south of Manila).
- Our community can contain up to eight homes.
- Each home will be supervised by a married couple who act as permanent house parents.
- Each couple will have up to eight orphans to care for.
- We will have the opportunity to adopt orphans to families in Western countries.
- Our community of families will be supervised by a local board of directors which has already been established, made up of local pastors, social workers, health workers, and other volunteers.
As we grow, and as our finances allow, we will also build a basketball court, security wall, and playground for the children. Partner with us in this incredible project by making a financial donation or by joining us on our next ministry trip!
The total cost to support one entire household (eight children and two houseparents) is roughly $6500 per year. This breaks down to less than $550 per month, or $70 per month per child. This will help us to provide:
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- Clothing – school uniforms, school shoes, play clothes, etc.
- On-site nurse visits twice a week.
- Vitamins and regular medical check-ups.
- School supplies, school tuition, field trips, books, etc.
- Utility costs and maintenance.
- Allowance for house parents including salary, food, housing, and health insurance.
- Lots and lots of love!
What We Need
- Materials to complete the first home:
- Materials to complete the second home:
- Playground equipment: $2,500
- Materials to complete community basketball court: $10,000
- Security fence around the perimeter of the property:
- Jeepney (local vehicle, similar to a van that seats up to 20 people):
- We need regular monthly supporters and child sponsors
Within a short driving distance from our orphanage site is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The WAWA garbage dump is home to a few thousand people who spend their days searching through mounds of trash for items of value. These are families, most of which have children who also live with them on the outskirts of the dump. Some are children without families. A few years ago we fell deeply in love with this place and the people there. Wawa is high on our list of places to visit when we are in the Philippines. We are seeing that as we believe the good news of mankind’s inclusion the Gospel, heaven will be manifest in places like Wawa. The poorest of the poor are realizing the riches that have been made freely available to them through the obedience of Christ’s perfect sacrifice. More and more, as we bring food, toys, clothes, or simply joy and gladness, we are seeing the fruit of this Gospel rise up and bubble out of these precious children!